|The Momiji Gardens, located on the south side of the Garden Auditorium building, along East Hastings Street, were completed in 1993. The Park Board concurred with the PNE and the Japanese-Canadian community, that this was an appropriate site for a garden that was to commemorate the tragic Hastings Park internment of more than 8,000 Canadians of Japanese origin almost 52 years earlier. It was also symbolic in that this garden would represent the first step in the eventual transformation of Hastings Park into a public greenspace.|
Follow us on Twitter:My Tweets
- PNE Community Grant – Deadline Sunday April 23rd
- April 19th: AGM of the Hastings Community Association
- URGENT: Do you think Hastings Park is an appropriate venue for annual “420” gathering?
- April 2nd: Attend the Hastings Park Conservancy AGM at Hastings Community Centre
- April 8th: Manure Sale – Hastings-Sunrise