|The Momiji Gardens, located on the south side of the Garden Auditorium building, along East Hastings Street, were completed in 1993. The Park Board concurred with the PNE and the Japanese-Canadian community, that this was an appropriate site for a garden that was to commemorate the tragic Hastings Park internment of more than 8,000 Canadians of Japanese origin almost 52 years earlier. It was also symbolic in that this garden would represent the first step in the eventual transformation of Hastings Park into a public greenspace.|
- Urgent: May 2nd come to City-sponsored Open House, take back Hastings Park!
- NEW DATE: May 2nd at 7pm (rescheduled from April 25th): City Open House on Hastings Park Governance
- April 28th: Annual General Meeting of Hastings Park Conservancy
- April 15th: Community Meeting on Hastings Park Governance
- Letter from HPC Board to City re: Fishing in the Sanctuary at Hastings Park
- Letter from COPE to Mayor and Council re: Hastings Park Governance
- Submit Your Input on Hastings Park: Deadline is Monday, March 18th!
- Important Meeting March 11th: Hastings Park Under Attack!