|The Momiji Gardens, located on the south side of the Garden Auditorium building, along East Hastings Street, were completed in 1993. The Park Board concurred with the PNE and the Japanese-Canadian community, that this was an appropriate site for a garden that was to commemorate the tragic Hastings Park internment of more than 8,000 Canadians of Japanese origin almost 52 years earlier. It was also symbolic in that this garden would represent the first step in the eventual transformation of Hastings Park into a public greenspace.|
Follow us on Twitter:My Tweets
- April 2nd: Attend the Hastings Park Conservancy AGM at Hastings Community Centre
- April 8th: Manure Sale – Hastings-Sunrise
- April 2nd: Save the Date – HPC Annual General Meeting
- March 6th: PNE Public Board Meeting – open to the community
- Please Support Your Local Community Centre Association! Joint Operating Agreement negotiation 2017 is CONTINUING Thursday, February 16!