Il Giardino Italiano is one of the most elaborately detailed gardens in the city’s entire park system. These gardens are a cause for celebration by all supporters of Hastings Park. Congratulations go to the Italian community for its vision and commitment to this project. Because post-Second World War Italian immigrants predominantly settled in the surrounding Hastings Sunrise and Grandview Woodlands neighbourhoods, many of their families and businesses took ownership of the park project and raised substantial funds to realize this part of the plan.
Go have a look for yourself, this garden has a lot of interesting and surprising details: Look for them in the fountains, in the way the rain run-off is collected, in the Opera Walk, picnic tables for large family get-togethers and that’s saying nothing yet about the bold designs of the plantings!
Follow us on Twitter:My Tweets
- June 8th: URGENT – Register to speak at PNE public board meeting, on proposals affecting Hastings Park
- May 30th: Traffic Issues in Hastings-Sunrise, “Listen and Learn” consultation with City of Vancouver
- May 27th Community Day at Playland (funds go to PNE Community Grant Program)
- PNE Community Grant – Deadline Sunday April 23rd
- April 19th: AGM of the Hastings Community Association