The Empire Bowl playing fields and field house were officially opened on Saturday June 21, 2003, by the Vancouver Park Board. The new fields are located at the Hastings and Cassiar corner of the park.
This $2.9 million development is “Phase 3B” in the greening of the park. The redevelopment of the 5.5 hectare site, provides additional sports facilities for the community, including two sand based, irrigated, turf soccer fields; two softball diamonds, an oval running track and a perimeter granular pathway. Landscaping includes perimeter trees and grassed banks. The 157m2 field house contains change rooms, washrooms and related service spaces.
- Urgent: May 2nd come to City-sponsored Open House, take back Hastings Park!
- NEW DATE: May 2nd at 7pm (rescheduled from April 25th): City Open House on Hastings Park Governance
- April 28th: Annual General Meeting of Hastings Park Conservancy
- April 15th: Community Meeting on Hastings Park Governance
- Letter from HPC Board to City re: Fishing in the Sanctuary at Hastings Park
- Letter from COPE to Mayor and Council re: Hastings Park Governance
- Submit Your Input on Hastings Park: Deadline is Monday, March 18th!
- Important Meeting March 11th: Hastings Park Under Attack!