The Empire Bowl playing fields and field house were officially opened on Saturday June 21, 2003, by the Vancouver Park Board. The new fields are located at the Hastings and Cassiar corner of the park.
This $2.9 million development is “Phase 3B” in the greening of the park. The redevelopment of the 5.5 hectare site, provides additional sports facilities for the community, including two sand based, irrigated, turf soccer fields; two softball diamonds, an oval running track and a perimeter granular pathway. Landscaping includes perimeter trees and grassed banks. The 157m2 field house contains change rooms, washrooms and related service spaces.
Follow us on Twitter:My Tweets
- PNE Community Grant – Deadline Sunday April 23rd
- April 19th: AGM of the Hastings Community Association
- URGENT: Do you think Hastings Park is an appropriate venue for annual “420” gathering?
- April 2nd: Attend the Hastings Park Conservancy AGM at Hastings Community Centre
- April 8th: Manure Sale – Hastings-Sunrise