The Empire Bowl playing fields and field house were officially opened on Saturday June 21, 2003, by the Vancouver Park Board. The new fields are located at the Hastings and Cassiar corner of the park.
This $2.9 million development is “Phase 3B” in the greening of the park. The redevelopment of the 5.5 hectare site, provides additional sports facilities for the community, including two sand based, irrigated, turf soccer fields; two softball diamonds, an oval running track and a perimeter granular pathway. Landscaping includes perimeter trees and grassed banks. The 157m2 field house contains change rooms, washrooms and related service spaces.
Follow us on Twitter:My Tweets
- April 2nd: Attend the Hastings Park Conservancy AGM at Hastings Community Centre
- April 8th: Manure Sale – Hastings-Sunrise
- April 2nd: Save the Date – HPC Annual General Meeting
- March 6th: PNE Public Board Meeting – open to the community
- Please Support Your Local Community Centre Association! Joint Operating Agreement negotiation 2017 is CONTINUING Thursday, February 16!