The Empire Bowl playing fields and field house were officially opened on Saturday June 21, 2003, by the Vancouver Park Board. The new fields are located at the Hastings and Cassiar corner of the park.
This $2.9 million development is “Phase 3B” in the greening of the park. The redevelopment of the 5.5 hectare site, provides additional sports facilities for the community, including two sand based, irrigated, turf soccer fields; two softball diamonds, an oval running track and a perimeter granular pathway. Landscaping includes perimeter trees and grassed banks. The 157m2 field house contains change rooms, washrooms and related service spaces.
Follow us on Twitter:My Tweets
- ‘Say No to JOA’ Hastings Association Members Tell HCA Board
- Should HASTINGS COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION sign the Park Board Joint Operating Agreement? Attend the Community Meeting this Wednesday!
- June 8th: URGENT – Register to speak at PNE public board meeting, on proposals affecting Hastings Park
- May 30th: Traffic Issues in Hastings-Sunrise, “Listen and Learn” consultation with City of Vancouver
- May 27th Community Day at Playland (funds go to PNE Community Grant Program)