Dear Neighbours, supporters, and community members:
We would like to bring to your attention a proposed motion to be read this Tuesday March 28th at a City of Vancouver Council Meeting.
A motion is being put forth to host the 420
Marijuana Event at a new site such as the neighbouring PNE Grounds this year. This event brought in over 130,000 attendees last year in support of cannibis /marijuana. (More info here on City of Vancouver website).
If you would like to express your opinion on hosting this event in our neighbourhood, these are the mechanisms to put forth your thoughts prior to the council meeting this Tuesday:
* Register to speak on this issue and attend as a speaker. Requests to speak must be received prior to 9:30am on the day of the meeting.
* You can communicate your comments to City Council by emailing email@example.com
* Visit speaker-wait-times or see @VanCityClerk on Twitter for real-time information on the progress of City Council meetings.
* Access live video stream during the meeting as well as archive of the video stream the day following the meeting.
Please feel free to share with your contacts.
We encourage any local residents to attend,
the Annual General Meeting of the Hastings Park Conservancy:
Sunday, April 2, 2017
Room 9 (downstairs)
Hastings Community Centre
3096 E. Hastings St (at Lilloet St)
Coffee and refreshments will be provided.
Updates will include:
- A presentation of the results of the 2016 survey, completed in partnership with the Friends of Hastings Park.
- A brief update on the PNE/HP Advisory Group and the ongoing development of the Master Plan for Hastings Park and Playland.
- Information from our Education and Environmental Committees will be shared. These groups help facilitate bird and nature walks, and school student learning visits in Hastings Park Sanctuary!
We appreciate the renewal of your Hastings Park Conservancy membership. Membership contributes toward our ability to continue to provide opportunities for enjoyment of and learning about wildlife and nature in the beauty of Vancouver’s Hastings Park, in Hastings-Sunrise!
Manure Sale, Hasting Community Centre Parking Lot (E. Pender & Nootka Streets)
April 8, 2017
9:00am – 1:00 PM
(get PDF poster here)
Please attend the 2017 AGM of the Hastings Park Conservancy!
Our full agenda will be released in our next notice.
Bring your ideas, we look forward to seeing everyone.
Sunday, April 2nd
Hastings Community Centre
3096 E Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V5K
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org