The Education Committee formed in 2007 with support and expertise from the NorthWest WildLife Preservation Society. The Committee works with local schools to encourage the use of Hastings Park, foster environmental education, lead youth stewardship and support the long-term growth of HPC membership. Activities include nature walks in winter and spring, starting with elementary-age pupils, and then progressing into the high schools and to a growing number of local ecology clubs that serve both children and adults. For more information contact Linda Young at email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter:My Tweets
- June 8th: URGENT – Register to speak at PNE public board meeting, on proposals affecting Hastings Park
- May 30th: Traffic Issues in Hastings-Sunrise, “Listen and Learn” consultation with City of Vancouver
- May 27th Community Day at Playland (funds go to PNE Community Grant Program)
- PNE Community Grant – Deadline Sunday April 23rd
- April 19th: AGM of the Hastings Community Association