Conservancy members and local residents are encouraged to attend this open house event, hosted by the City of Vancouver, to see what has been happening with the Open Space Advisory Group, and the Hastings Park Master Plan.
Hastings Park – Have Your Say
Open House: New Park Spaces and Greenways
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012
1pm – 9pm
Pacific Coliseum, 100 N. Renfrew St. Main Entrance
Please join City of Vancouver staff at the second in a series of open houses and help shape new park spaces in Hastings Park.
- See how initial public feedback has helped shape park concepts.
- Provide further input on the next stages of the park design.
This project is a result of the Hastings Park/PNE Master Plan adopted by City Council in 2010. The Master Plan outlines a plan to transform Hastings Park into a greener, year-round destination that provides improved community access, significant additional park space, and renewed facilities for the
annual PNE Fair, Playland and other festivals and events. Park spaces illustrated at this open house:
- Empire Field – synthetic turf for community use
- Connection to New Brighton – greenways for walking, jogging and cycling
- Plateau Park – a multi-use sports park
If you are unable to attend the event, open house materials and a
questionnaire will be available online at: http://www.vancouver.ca/hastingspark